Thursday, March 19, 2009

Conversations In the Lift

It is mid-March. Soon, it'll be April. Time does fly. People seem to notice that I have not gone missing from work yet. Thus, these conversations were struck in the lift by fellow colleagues with yours truly.

Conversation 1
Colleague : It's school holiday already, right? You are not taking any leave?
Me : No, not till Friday.
Colleague : Eh! You are not going to Japan this year? I thought you go there every year?
Me : Er.... no, not this year.
Colleague : Yah, so expensive to Japan, right?
Me : Not as expensive as your trip to Europe.

Conversation 2
Colleague : Did you go to MATTA Fair the other day?
Me : No
Colleague : There are lots of good bargains for holidays. So, did you book your ticket to Japan yet?
Me : No, we're not going to Japan yet.
Colleague : Really? I thought you go there every year?
Me : No no no... Not this year

Conversation 3

Colleague : Ah! You are the person I was looking for!
Me : Indeed? Why?
Colleague : I'm thinking of vacationing in Japan. But it is expensive. I need some advice.
Me : Sure, where are you planning to go?
Colleague : Well... I was looking through all these travel packages and I want to know your input on them. By the way, when are you going back this year?
Me : Sigh.... Maybe no trip this year
Colleague : I thought you go there every year?


Conversation 4

Colleague : How come you are still here?
Me : Why? Was I suppose to be somewhere else?
Colleague : I thought this is the time you go off to Japan?
Me : Big sigh... no, not this year

Conversation 5
Supplier : Lina, nice to finally meet you
Me : Nice to meet you too
Supplier : Is it true that you always go to Japan?
Me : Eh? How did you know
Supplier : Your colleagues were telling me about it earlier when you were away on leave

Can you see the pattern here? Even though I'm trying hard not to be obsessed with Japan this year, there are *well meaning" people who keep on reminding me about Japan.

If I get RM1 every time someone asked me about my impending trip (or the lack of it) to Japan, I think I can finance my vacation to Singapore already. Hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment