Monday, July 6, 2009

We Went To Daiso

When we were in Japan, we always made a point to drop by Daiso for some cheap shopping. Know what we like to buy there? Cheap crockery and household items! My favourite store is the one nearby Hakata Station!

All items at just RM5 each! (100yen = approximately RM3.70 now, so the price is not that much higher for things imported from Japan. Although some Daiso items are Made in Malaysia, you know).

We went to Daiso at The Curve but didn't buy anything. Just browsed around and looking at stuff. The storefront of Daiso in Malaysia is a boring green and unlike the cheery ones in Japan.

I would've missed the store if Zaini hadn't pointed it out to me because I was looking for a similar looking storefront as in Japan (looks a bit like a pharmacy signboard, don't you think?) Apart from the store at The Curve, there are 3 other Daiso stores in Malaysia - 1Borneo in KK, Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall and IOI Puchong.

Plenty of stuff sold here but those looking for Japanese snacks might be disappointed. No Japanese food items sold here.

For us, we went gaga over plates, trays, bento boxes and those cute rice shapers (but not enough teapot available for me). I think I'm inspired to do some Japanese themed cooking for the weekend now! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment