Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Groceries Bills Are Too High!

Well, I can't really complain when the stuff I buy are mostly imported stuff. Plenty of the stuff in my kitchen are those I won't find in my Mom's kitchen, that I can say. Actually, when my siblings came visiting on a short notice, I will most likely not serve them a typical Malay style cooked food because my kitchen is not stocked with typical Malay food items!

These are the stuff I really need and will be stocked up in my kitchen. Japanese short grain rice, miso paste (instant), gochujang, kimchi, bottles of shoyu, tsuyu, sesame oil, worchester sauce, packets of instant furikake, dried wakame, sheets of nori, cheese - sometimes I think when people look into my fridge and in the kitchen, they will not think it's a Malay family kitchen!

My shopping lists do cause a serious dent to our monthly expenses, but then what fun in life if one cannot eat what one loves, right?

I sometimes feel guilty about the carbon footprint caused by consumers like me who wants imported food so we try extra hard to compensate and be more carbon footprint friendly in other ways; by using less energy at home, less fuel for our car, recycling, etc. May not be enough, but we try.

No comments:

Post a Comment