Sunday, February 8, 2009

Florida gardeners webpage

It has been ages since I've posted any entries on this blog . . . I've been busy reorganizing my life, taking care of a nasty computer virus that took me over a month to conquer and way too much to go into again as everything has been covered in my other blogs . . .

My latest project is updating my personal website, DonitaWorld.com, which is mainly devoted to gardening and soap operas . . . much more coming soon.

In the meantime . . . I have updated my Florida gardening webpage . . . click here to go there.

Have all of my Florida gardening buddies thawed out by now?

My paradise is a bit crispy, but better than I expected. We were supposed to get down to the 20's in Tampa, but it didn't happen in my area. This Florida girl is still bundled up in many layers of clothing as my bones have not thawed out sufficiently :) I absolutely HATE cold weather . . .

With the economy as it is and my internet endeavors taking a huge financial hit, my unsuccessful attempts at joining the real world with a "real job" haven't worked out . . . well, I'm looking at all areas of my life that need cutting back.

One of them is food that I can grow myself and I intend on at least clearing out a section of my paradise and devote it to growing tomatoes, peppers and herbs to start off with . . . even if I have to grow them in containers . . . that works better for me anyway!

I've begun a series on my food blog, Gina's Italian Kitchen, on saving money on groceries, including recipes for cheap meals. There have been times in my life where I have gone through some serious financial struggles, I know how to adapt and still eat well.

You can really save money when you grow your own herbs and veggies . . . especially from seed . . . I'll start a series on growing your own food.




No comments:

Post a Comment