Sunday, February 21, 2010

Brainwashing The Family

Well, if your family just happen to not share the same interest and enthusiasm as you do about something; what do you do?

Zaini had earlier told me that there'd be absolutely no chance for me to drag him for a trip to Korea and Raimie shared the same sentiment too. Can't blame them though, because in the past when I think of South Korea, I thought of a mall collapsing and of numerous demonstration and not much else. All that changed for me once I got hooked watching KBS World and the myriad of programmes it offers.

Because I do harbour hope to visit the Country one day with Zaini and Raimie, I'm trying to subtlely  acclimatised  them to things Korean. The easiest ones are Korean TV and food.

I cooked some Korean influenced meal the other day for lunch. I should say it was healthy and yummy.
 
Grilled beef, tofu with stir-fried kimchi and asparagus, lettuce, kimchi and gochujang dip
  
My version of beef lettuce wrap. Raimie enjoyed this dish so much and to think it's pretty easy to prepare.

You should know that one of my favourite Korean variety show is Happy Sunday's 1Night 2Days and some things shown in the show kind of rubbed off to us. One of the silly ones are playing kawi-bai-bo (rock paper scissors) complete with finger flick as penalty for losers. I tell you, this game is hilarious.


Here we were, having fun playing silly games and flicking foreheads while waiting for our order during a dinner night outing for Ikan Bakar.

Now, excuse me while I go and obsessively watch 1N2D back epsiodes and laughing myself silly and annoy my family some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment