Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Miss This... Getting Hot And Naked

A dip in hot spring bath in the wee hours of the morning, at 4.00am to be exact; warrants a B&W photo for me. It was nice having a solitary bath, listening to the drip, drip, drip of the rainfall outside. Bliss.

Funny though, walking along the dimly lit, empty corridor to get to the bath area and sitting in the bath, I didn't think about ghosts but when walking back to my room, the thought of meeting one suddenly occurred to me!

While having a soak, bathers are free to take a drink or two of the spring water. Or call the room service for a stronger drink, if you need one. Yes, there was a phone nearby for that purpose.
What's the scoop for? For you to drink the spring water, of course! Was it nice? Taste like boiled eggs.

I miss the onsens a lot. Getting naked around strangers is not a problem for me. I do it all the time at  the gym's locker room anyway.

The next time we visit, we'll just have a day trip to an onsen resort town somewhere (at the moment, it looks like Yufuin has the honour) because we can't afford a nice stay in a ryokan this year. *sob sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment