Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Breakfasts For Champions

When we were in Japane last year, the business hotel chain that we always stayed at was in the midst of revamping their breakfast menu so they had this really nice breakfast selection and guests are encouraged to give comments and ratings.
Whatever selection was available, my breakfast tray will always have bread and minimal amount of rice. But I usually put a huge dollop of the side dishes... and coffee. Cannot function without morning coffee, me.
Raimie and his Dad will always have tons of pickles. I call them the umeboshi gang.
Can you guess which one would be mine? No bread this time...
Some of the more generous selection. This was at Takamatsu's Toyoko-Inn if I am not wrong. I may be wrong but I observed that Toyoko-Inn that don't really have much foreign tourists there (as opposed to those in Ikebukuro, Asakusa, Hakata, Osaka) have much more generous breakfast selection. My absolute favourite was the breakfast we had in Akita.
Simple breakfast on the road errr... on the track. Had this on the shinkansen when we were traveling from Tokyo to Hakodate.
Once, it was just this. Bread and a tub of margarine.
The last couple of days we were in Japan, my breakfast was limited to this. After a week, no more cold rice for me! The boys however, still enjoyed their rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment