Friday, May 25, 2012

Tasukete Kudasai!

Sometimes, when you translate something directly, you'd end up using the wrong word although it has the same meaning in your language.

Case in point:
We were standing cluelessly in front of this Loppi machine at Lawson's trying to purchase our One Piece ticket at Huis Ten Bosch.

So, I tried to ask assistance from one of the staff there, intending to say "Tolong saya" or "please help/assist me" but there I go with "tasukete kudasai" instead of "oshiete kudasai". heh
Assistance received and tickets paid for, but not before wasting more of the staff time stalling as I cannot remember how to write my name in katakana. At last, she told me to write it in romanji. double heh
And we are all set to visit Huis Ten Bosch and see One Piece! A birthday present for Raimie.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to use that Loppi machine to purchase whatever tickets that can be bought there, here's a site with a detailed explanation. Or you can just smile and look helpless and say "oshiete kudasai" to whomever that might pass by you and hope that they will. I bet they will. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment