Friday, June 12, 2009

Tasting My New Boh Green Tea

Typically when you think of Boh tea, you think of Boh's endless selection of black teas, right?

I got two new packs of tea to try. I bought a new pack of genmaicha before we went to Cameron Highlands and in Cameron Highlands, I bought a pack of Boh green tea for me and another for Zaini. Plenty of tea for us!

Boh tea pack and genmaicha pack.

Boh's 25s teabags pack cost me RM4.70 (interestingly, it is cheaper to buy in Jusco!) and the Yukino genmaicha 20s teabags cost me RM16.80. I'm always excited to try new brand of tea in my quest for a good cup of (unsweetened) tea but I sure can't afford the high-end products. All my tea are supermarket bought anyway and never cost more than RM20.00! But it is always funny when my Chinese friends and colleagues seemed somewhat taken aback when they see me drinking green/chinese tea or when they see me with my selection of teapots brewing tea in the pantry. Somehow, a Malay drinking green/Chinese tea seems like an anomaly to some people.

What's my verdict of the Boh green tea? The taste was a little too delicate for my liking and the aroma was too subtle. The bitterness of the green tea was only evident after I steeped the teabag for more than 5 minutes because otherwise it didn't have the taste that I want. A light tasting tea, but for someone who is not a connoisseur, it tasted somewhat similar to other chinese tea in the market.

I'm going to finish this tea first before I opened my genmaicha pack. Unlike the genmaicha tea which is individually foiled packed, the Boh teabags are not. Anyone up for a cup of tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment