Sunday, January 30, 2011

Food We Ate : Ekiben From Akita Station

After spending two nights in Akita on Day 3 and 4 of our vacation in Japan; it's time for us to head back to Tokyo. Taking the shinkansen from Akita to Tokyo is another excuse for us to enjoy the ekiben sold at the station.
Ekiben covers are always interesting. I think I should start collecting them (and add more junk to my current pile of all Japanese-related junk!)
What we got for lunch, enjoyed whilst zipping through the country, viewing the breathtaking scenery out of the shinkansen window.
I wasn't too crazy about the bento in the first photo, with what seems like dried fish or something in it, preferring the latter - the one with salmon and ikura (salmon roe).

You know what I'd like for a bento now? Those lovely anago bento and oysters bento we tried in Hiroshima. mmmmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment