Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sakae Sushi, Bangsar Village

Zaini and I had some time to kill while waiting for Raimie to finish his School's Saturday Camp last week and we were not that particularly hungry, so we decided to head to Sakae Sushi in Bangsar Village for a light snack.

Actually Zaini took me there to prove a point. He had earlier told me that Sakae Sushi wasn't that great but I didn't quite believe him. I know, I know. It's a bad habit of mine - I reserve judgement until I experience them myself and I don't usually trust my own husband. So sue me...

First off, some photos of the decor. Nice decor. Good spot to have a date. Cosy and the mostly foreign staff were quite attentive as do the Manager. So, good service from them.





Cool interactive menu at the table too.

But, when it came to food - the selections were quite uninspiring. Starting with the RM2 teabag. Free hot water though.




We ended up just eating three plates of sushi. That was how uninteresting the selection was.

The saving grace about our Sakae Sushi outing was this pickled ginger. This pickled ginger is so much better than the ones at Sushi Zanmai.

Three plates of sushi and 2 cups of tea translated to RM22.70. Actually it was RM22.65, but the Manager omitted to give me back the 5 cents balance. I noticed nowadays there is this trend with some shop owners (in KL) omitting giving back the 5 cents balance. It used to be the 1 cent (because they said they don't have stock of 1 cent) and now shop owners conveniently say that they don't have the 5 cents change. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment