Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Favourite Korean Variety TV Show

is KBS' Happy Sunday; 2 Days 1 Night show, much to Raimie and Zaini's chagrin. Why? Because I'll laugh hysterically all through the 70 minutes program. I usually laugh so much, I can't breath. Yes, it is that entertaining.


The premise of the show is Kang Hodong and five other members; Eun Ji Won, Lee Su Geun, Kim C, Lee Seung Gi and MC Mong together with  the dog Sang Geun, take off on a memorable road-trip around Korea and shows the viewers of the different interesting places to visit in Korea.

I don't watch much Korean TV shows before this and I do admit that I actually loath Korean dramas because I feel they are too sappy. Yes, I hate Winter Sonata, thank you very much. But their Korean variety shows are a different matter altogether. Another favourite of mine is Happy Together.

I really become more interested in Korea because of their variety shows and am warming up for their language too. If you want to check what's the hooha about the show, check it out here.

Actually, I wrote about how both Zaini and I develop a love affair with Japan and we attributed it to a J-drama titled Over Time aired on NTV7, 7 or 8 years ago. And now I'm falling in love with Korea through the variety shows. And currently I'm obsessed with SS501 too. I'm watching and listening to Love Like This over and over. :D


Any of you become obsessed with a certain country because of a TV show?  Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment