Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ramen, Kimchi And Some Mabo Tofu For Lunch

I like going to Ichiban Ramen. Food may not be up-to-standard or special to some people, but for me; for the price that I'm paying, this is a good place to enjoy ramen. Also the outlet is a Halal one. Not all ramen outlets/Japanese food restaurants in Malaysia are Halal, you know.

Good food here and good service too. Can't miss with that. We went to Ichiban Ramen for lunch after our shopping for Raimie's school item during Jusco Cheras Selatan's J-Card Members' day and it was really madness there. Luckily the restaurants were not packed as Jusco itself. I guess everyone was busy shopping instead of thinking about eating. Haha


I love the decor there. Usually we don't sit at the tables with chairs, preferring to sit at the "sunken" seats area but they were full when we got there.

This is one place that we observed that has low staff turnover. Most of the staff there are familiar to us. That and they are able to converse well, taking orders and recommending menus. Not many outlets even have competent staff nowadays which is a pity. How does a restaurant provide good service if the wait staff can't talk to the customers?

Kimchi fried rice and mabo tofu for me. I love, love, love mabo tofu. Yummy, yummy.

Beef ramen for Zaini. We can't eat ramen in Japan, so we only get to enjoy ramen when we are in Malaysia. Their ramens are good and the portion generous. For RM15.00 for a big bowl of ramen, it was good value.

I don't know how a "real" ramen taste like, but I like the ramen variety offered here. The soup is always nice and flavourful. Yummy, I tell you.

And a 'girly' Happy Kid Set for Raimie. Girly because the  tray is pink and has Hello Kitty. This is a new item in their updated menu. Usually we just order some Japanese fried rice for Raimie. Nothing special, just rice, fish ball and sausage with a mango pudding and orange juice for the set, but a kid would be happy having this.

A meal for three of us, with 10% discount as J-Card Member, we only paid RM49.50. Not bad. The important thing was, my stomach was contented. :)

Writing this post, I got hungry again. Gotta look for mabo tofu now!

No comments:

Post a Comment