Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nothing Much Of An Update... Of Yen And Stingray For Lunch

Been pretty quiet lately and no further progress in our planning for our next vacation in September other than helping friends planning to visit Hokkaido in June by monitoring the Yen fluctuations against Ringgit Malaysia (RM). Yes, I monitor the Yen regularly and got rather worried when Yen went back up to RM3.60 - RM3.70 last week after coming down at a rather more affordable RM3.40 - RM3.50 weeks before.

I bought some stingray slices that were on sale in Jusco and instead of cooking the stingrays the normal way i.e. assam pedas (a sourish fish stew) or grilled ala Portuguese style, I decided to play around with the gochujang paste and kimchi stocked in my fridge.

Just thought I'd post some food photos of our lunch today.
My stingray "jigae". Look similar to assam pedas, right?
The rest of the meal - sake kamameshi (salmon & vege flavoured rice), stir fried stingray with kimchi and asaparagus and a bowl of miso soup for Raimie.

What's your lunch today? ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment