Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Think I'm In Love Again....

With another Korean drama...

The Animax Channel on my cable, ASTRO put in a few Korean shows aside from the Japanese anime fares and one of the show currently being shown is Coffee Prince. It used to be shown on 8TV a couple of years back, but I wasn't too crazy about it back then because it was dubbed into Mandarin. I tell you... I really, really hate watching anything dubbed, be it into English, Malay, Mandarin or Cantonese.

Luckily, on Animax, I can watch it in its original language and OMG.... have I fallen hard for this show (not to mention fallen for the lead actor, Gong Yoo)! I've pulled an all-nighter for two weekends in a row watching all 17 episodes back to back. I spend a whole night just reading up all the episodes recaps. My eyes feel so heavy... I can only open them in slits today! LOL
The OST for this drama is another reason to watch. I love all the songs in there.

A brief synopsis:

The life of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is not easy; she works many jobs to pay off debts and even gave up her feminine image. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company, but his grandmother wants him to settle down, so she arranged many dates for him. After Eun Chan bumped into Han Kyul and was mistaken for a boy, Han Kyul decided to hire Eun Chan to be his gay lover in order to avoid the arranged dates. Desperately in need of money, Eun Chan had no choice but to accept. Han Kyul's grandmother also made Han Kyul in charge of a filthy coffee shop in danger of being bankrupt. Eun Chan begged to work at the coffee shop, and not long after, feelings start to spark, except, how would Han Kyul accept his "homosexuality"?

Zaini asked me why I am so infatuated with Coffee Prince.

Well, this drama reminded me so much of the two of us before we became a couple, ages ago. And Zaini can be rather like Han Kyul sometimes. He can be so annoying that I don't want to talk to him one minute and he can be so thoughtful the next. Let's just say this drama made me feel I was back in my 20s again. :p

Zaini surprised me on Friday with a box DVD set of Coffee Prince because I was grumbling over the fact that it was so hard to watch all the episodes online and downloading it was such a pain in the ass with my broadband connection. I wanted to buy the DVD but it cost so much.... I guess I was whining far too much for over a week that Zaini went ahead and got it for me. I was happy and touched as well but 20 minutes later I was ready to strangle Zaini for something he did (or rather omitted to do). ^-^!

Another reason I love Coffee Prince is this man on the left. Total eye candy.

And oh! oh! oh! You should see the kissing scenes. It'll make you want to pounce on your partner and share a kiss. I swear! *^-^*

Now, if you excuse me... I'm going for a third round of drama marathon. I'll be neglecting my blogs, my Entrecard dropping and pretty much everything else for a couple more weekends, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment