Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This And That...

I've got panda eyes for the past weeks. I am sleeping less than 5 hours daily and it was worse on weekends because for two Friday nights in a row, I was totally awake and slept for a total of one/two hours the next morning. When I can't sleep, my house tend to be clean. It's something I used to do when I was an insomniac single twenty-something too; cleaning in the middle of the night. I can't vacuum because that would be too noisy but I clean-up the kitchen and the bathroom until they were sparkling clean last weekend!

Anyway, I'm not fretting much over my loss of sleep because I have my Korean dramas to keep me company. I used to draft posts to put in my three blogs when I can't sleep and sometimes I can draft a month's worth of post during one sleepless night but nowadays I really have not allocated any time to do much updating or much thinking for that matter.

Let's see... I watched the whole episodes of Coffee Prince four times already. Had a marathon watching another Gong Yoo's drama titled Hello, My Teacher - a drama that kinda reminiscent of Japanese's Gokusen; last weekend. Not a big fan of this though but I still watch it for Gong Yoo.

Am now finishing up another 16 episode Korean Drama, Personal Taste and I'm thinking of doing a re-run this weekend along with a revisit to Boys Over Flower (Korean version of Hana Yori Dango) that also has Lee Min Ho in it. And maybe watch one or two episodes of KimuTaku's drama - Hero.

While I was busy watching all these dramas obsessively, Zaini on the other hand was and is busy fine-tuning our itinerary for our September trip to Japan. Which reminded me - I really need to e-mail Kozue soon because by the look of it, we may postpone our trip to a week later than our original date. Kozue, gomen nasai. I haven't been in touch or commenting much for a while now.

We are still watching the promotional airfares offered by different airlines. JAL has yet to come up with a new promotion which kinda suck for us because we always, always prefer flying with JAL. But then, we have booked our JAL tickets at the last minute all these years anyway.

MAS has a promotion on-going now, with fares of RM900++ one-way.

SQ looks good too, simply because now SQ has flights to both Narita Airport and Haneda Airport. If we choose to fly in to Haneda instead of Narita, we can save money on transportation cost to get to Tokyo because getting to Tokyo from Haneda is so much cheaper than from Narita. For example, airport limo from Narita to Tokyo cost 2,900yen but it is only 900yen from Haneda. A big difference, right?

Money saved can be spent elsewhere! If only JAL has flights to both Narita and Haneda. We'll definitely choose JAL's flight to Haneda. But no news from JAL about it yet.

Postponing our trip a week later works to our advantage because the second week of our trip will coincide with Japan's public holiday that fall between September 21-23. Having a Toyoko-Inn International Club membership enable us to get 30% discount for our rooms on Sundays and Public Holidays. Right now, we are looking at three days of public holidays and one Sunday for a 30% discount for rooms and one Monday for a 20% discount for rooms. So much savings....

What are we going to do with the money saved? Zaini wants to visit Hanayashiki Amusement Park in Asakusa, the oldest amusement park in Japan. There's still an old roller coaster made in 1953 up and running there!

Zaini said that what's the use of me putting up my EC profile of Hanayshiki and yet I've never been inside it!

No comments:

Post a Comment