Sunday, August 15, 2010

My New Toy : A Sony NEX-5

Look what I got for myself last week.
A Sony NEX-5 camera!

I've been researching for a new camera for a while now, and although I was more inclined to get a DSLR (either a Nikon or Canon), I chickened-out and opted for a more beginner friendly camera. I've always have a soft spot for Sony products anyway.

The NEX-5, along with NEX-3 is Sony’s first mirrorless interchangeable-lens system camera featuring a 14.2 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor, 25-point contrast-detect autofocus system, 49-segment exposure meter and 3-inch tilting LCD panel with 921,000-dot resolution.

I'm still a noob in terms of photography but I rather like this camera. Of course, a shift from always owning the smallest Point and Shoot camera Sony has to offer all this while to a NEX-5 take a bit of getting use to. I mean, I used to be able to store my camera in my jeans pocket! Although I am mighty glad I got this rather light camera. After one hour having it dangling from my neck, I was glad to tuck it away in my bag. LOL

I don't have much time playing with it yet, but I do hope to be familiar with all the function in this camera by the time we fly off to Japan. I want to take decent photos duirng our vacation. ^-^

Side-effects from owning this camera : my wallet is now empty! Huhuhu

No comments:

Post a Comment