Sunday, August 22, 2010

Study Time For Mommy!

Less than one month till our vacation to Japan and I really, really need to refresh and familiarise myself towards the Japanese language again.

Admittedly I don't really know much, and what I depend on is the survival phrases and for that JapanesePod101 came handy with their Survival Phrase segment.

It's been a year since I listened to any of their podcasts (because I was too pre-occupied with all things Koreans this year) and it is high time I start listening again. Zaini and I have different roles when vacationing. He is the navigator and the planner. I am the talker. Need to ask for direction? Then that's my job.

And there's one more reason why I should better comprehend the language. I don't know why but when we were in Japan, I always get stopped by Japanese women and girls asking for directions, take their photos or whatever. There was one time, an old lady asked for the direction of a hotel  in Kinshicho and luckily, we were going the same way so we took her along with us. Walking towards the hotel, she just kept talking in Japanese to me and I just kept nodding! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment