Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 1 in Japan - Tokyo

Oh my aching feet!

Let's see.... When I wrote this post, we just returned from a 13-hour "play time" at DisneySea! For two days in a row, my feet got their serious workout. LOL

We arrived Narita airport safely on Sep 13th, without any delay at 7.00am, after a 7-hour flight. If any of you remember, we were delayed for 3 hours last year!
We took the Keisei Limited Express train from Narita Airport straight to Asakusa Station and it only cost us 1,060yen! Psst... the reason I took this photo of the Keisei train's interior was I want to photograph that guy wearing glasses. He's cute. ^-^

It's super hot here in Tokyo and because of that, I wasn't in the mood to take much photos. After checking-in and leaving our luggages at the hotel, we first head to ROX for some air-conditioning and also to check out the Uniqlo they got there.

Then, off we went to Ueno, walking around Ameyoko for a bit and spent some time looking at toys in Yamashiroya. Raimie was already making noise wanting to go to Yodobashi-Akiba, so off we went to Akihabara next. There, I got myself a camera bag for just 4,480yen to put my new NEX-5 camera and Raimie bought 3 new toys. I would've spent more time looking at camera accessories, and Raimie would've spent more time at the toys section and Zaini would love to camp at the games section, but with the heat and lack of sleep during our flight, we conceded defeat at 3.00pm.

We head back to our hotel and rested until it was time for dinner. Zaini didn't rest much because  he went out to buy our Disneysea tickets because we were going the day after.

Our dinner on our first day was at Yayoi-ken, an affordable place where you can refill your rice for free!
Raimie enjoying the tsukemono
My dinner - grilled saba for 590yen. It came with rice, miso soup and tofu.
Zaini's dinner - shima hokke at just 690yen.

No comments:

Post a Comment