Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 3 In Japan -Akita : Bullet Train And Food Display

Day 3 saw us waking up early for our trip to Akita. 

We made reservation on the Komachi Shinkansen at 9.02am but due to my carelessness, we missed the booked train. I was busy taking photos of the arriving shinkansens, I was unable to locate Zaini and Raimie. But worry not - we made another reservation (luckily it was free-of-charge because we were using JR East Pass) for another train at 10.00am. But of course, there was a meltdown and an argument and me being annoyed with Zaini although it was all my fault. LOL
The trip from Ueno Station to Akita Station was about 4 hours. 4 hours on the bullet train is nothing to us. We've spent much longer time on trains from Shin-Osaka all the way to Nagasaki previously! 

Raimie also was pretty much at home in the train because every year, we spent a lot of times in them. He has a seat reserved but sometimes, he likes to sit on the floor and goof around there. 
For me, I like to view the scenery outside. And looking at passing trains zooming by at stations we stopped by was fun too!
Two hungry  "oni"s in Akita Station

Arriving Akita Station, the first order of business was looking for somewhere to eat. We were famished!
 But what do you do if you get a menu you don't understand or don't know how to pronounce? 
Easy! Just drag the staff out and point at the food display and order what you fancy.
I did just that and got our order. Have absolutely no idea what my set name was but it had ebi-furai with tamago, gobo and negi, all bubbling on a clay plate. It was delicious!

A detailed post about the "makan" experience later.

No comments:

Post a Comment