Thursday, April 14, 2011

Castles Of Japan

If there is one thing we don't really visit while in Japan and its something I'd like to rectify sometime soon, it's visiting Japanese Castles. OK, excursions to any castle had previously been vetoed out by Zaini and Raimie but I have high hopes I'd get to them someday. 

The  interest for Japanese castles is further piqued by my reading of an awesome Japanese Castle Explorer blog by Kyushudan, just like I got more interested in temples and shrines because of Yoshi over at Extracting Abstract. If you want to know more about castles, even the obscure ones - head over to Japanese Castle Explorer and explore them there. I promise you it would be an interesting read. ^^

The two castles that I actually managed to visit were (though it felt like just passing through):
Himeji-jo on a rainy day
And Osaka-Jo. Can you see the castle in the background?
Pretty sad collection, eh? And pretty boring way to pose for a photo. I'm ashamed of myself whenever I see my photos standing straight like that.

I sure have a long way to go (and way more trips to do) to cover any decent amount of castles in Japan and get to know their history! I absolutely believe one should learn about the places they are going to not just just visit and take photos at famous sites.

Anyway, if you have read my posts before, this blog is not where you can find samurais, ninjas, geishas or things like that. You can however get to know a lot about Ultraman in this blog! XD

With me posting up photos of Himeji-jo & Osaka-jo, I'm going to do a revisit  posts of the nearby area - Hiroshima & Osaka pretty soon. But before that, something about Yebisu, beer and a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment