Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ferris Wheel!

check out other entries too!
After travelling for a bit around Japan,I can't help but notice that I can find at least one ferris wheel in each place we stopped for a visit. And these ferris wheels are permanent fixture at the place, unlike well... some ferris wheel we had in KL. OK, so there are amusement parks or something almost everywhere in Japan even  in the middle of what seemed nowhere; but that too is quite interesting to me. OK, OK I admit I'm easily impressed with stuff in that country. Sue me. XD

Anyone know how many amusement/theme parks are there all around Japan, by the way?

I harbour the hope of photographing each ferris wheel I encountered in Japan, but sometimes the circumstances did not allow me to do so. Hard to snap them in a moving vehicle or when it is rather far from where I was standing. I don't think me wanting to go nearer just to see it would be agreed on by the two boys anyway!

Anyhoo... I present you my measly photo collection of ferris wheel in Japan....
Found one at Mitsui Greenland in Kumamoto called the Rainbow ferris wheel. It is 100m in diameter and 105m tall and has  100,000 LED on it. Must be a sight to behold at night!
Another one at Mosaic Kobe's Harbour Land - simply named the big ferris wheel.
Can you see the Ferris wheel? It's behind that roller coaster track. We've been on the Ferris wheel but not on the roller coaster yet!


The Big O, found at Tokyo Dome. The world's first hubless Ferris Wheel, resembling a huge doughnut standing upright in the air.
And  lastly, one found in Odaiba - the Daikanransha (giant ferris wheel) built on top of the roof of Palette Town, standing tall with a diameter of 115m.

No comments:

Post a Comment