Thursday, October 13, 2011

Running In Japan?

I don't know whether I can really do this while on vacation but I hope to be able to do a bit of morning runs while in Japan. At least twice a week? My optimistic plan is to do 8 runs during the 15 days we are there.

It won't be a daily thing, and I probably only able to do it at places we stay for more than 1 night because I don't want to lug my smelly, sweaty clothes to another town.

I spent a bit of time looking for running routes at places we will be staying. While googling about it, I chanced upon Dru's blog called Dru's Misadventures — Andrewのブログです and his post about the Sumida River. I think I want to try running alongside the Sumida River when we get to Asakusa! He had so kindly created a map of a running course for me. Thanks Dru. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to do it and maybe get to see sights that I won't see during our normal sightseeing. Planning to run with a compact camera in hand too!

Now, if only I can find a route to run in Hakata, Takamatsu and Kawasaki next. I'm looking at MapMyRun for a bit of info.

Of course, this plan of mine will only happen if I can actually wake up at 5am! That and getting over the fear of getting lost. I can get lost easily as I am quite "directionally" challenged. Zaini just told me to go to the nearest "koban" and ask for help  instead  of asking him go out and accompany me; if I do get myself lost running around. xD

If I really follow through this plan of mine, there would be a segment of Japan Running posts here after our trip. ^^

p.s.
I finished my run at Putrajaya Night Marathon last night (Oct 15) in one piece despite the hiccups I had earlier before this race - injury, slipped into a drain, all that nonsense. 

The timing might not be something to shout about, but I'm still proud of myself. *^-^* 

I need to start training again for the next race in Nov. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment