Monday, November 9, 2009

Another Dinner At Yayoi-Ken

Another dinner a Yayoi-Ken for us. This is a great place for budget conscious people who want good food at reasonable price. And you can find one almost everywhere. Everywhere we've been to, at least.Zaini's saba misoni. It had a rather sweet taste to it, so it might not be for everyone's taste. Certainly wasn't my favourite.
My shima hokke (horse mackerel) for dinner. The portion was huge. I had so much leftover despite sharing it with Raimie but luckily Zaini is always on hand to help both of us finish our food. This dish was really, really yummy. I ordered the same one a few times afterwards.
After a few days in Japan, I was beginning to miss spicy food. Worry not! There's shichimi (seven flavoured chilli pepper) available. I liberally sprinkled the shichimi on my rice. And believe it or not, I was missing my dose of kimchi too. Good news for kimchi lovers. Kimchis are readily and easily bought at most supermarkets in Tokyo.
Walking past a couple of supermarkets to our hotel, we can't resist buying some fruits there. Four huge nectarines for just 580yen. These nectarines would cost a bomb in Malaysia!

One beauty of staying in Asakusa, apart from being a quiet area was that the place has a very residential feel to it. This include easily accessible supermarkets at almost every corner which allowed us to buy our fruits, drinks, snacks and even packed food with ease. Buying stuff at these supermarkets was much more cheaper than hitting the convenience stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment