Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 13 In Japan : The Trip Back Home

After enjoying ourselves in Japan for almost two weeks, it's time to head home. Honestly, despite the many visits we made to Japan, it never seems enough for us. There are so many places and sights we have yet to see. Bored of Japan? Never!

We only travelled to the north eastern side of Japan this year and admittedly the few days we were out of Tokyo just weren't enough. We made a conscious choice to spend a good number of nights in Tokyo for the sake of a friend tagging along with us because of her budget restriction which didn't allow  us to be more adventurous or travel too far this time.
Our trip from Narita Airport to Asakusa (1,060yen) was on a local train. We chose to travel cheaply to save money but our trip to Narita from Asakusa was more comfortable.

We had initially wanted to take the new Keisei train, that I posted about in my previous post but because our JR East Pass was still valid,  we decided to take the Narita Express instead and not spend more money on tansport.

Last year, on our  trip back home; Raimie almost had an accident because he fell through the gap at the train station platform while trying to board a train. Luckily Zaini had pretty fast reflex and managed to grab him otherwise Raimie would have fallen down on the track!

This year, we were busy reminding Raimie to be careful but I kind of forgot to be careful myself. It was drizzling when we were travelling back and of course  the roads and  stairs were slippery. With luggages to hold in both hands, it was hard to navigate my way through a narrow flight of stairs. While trying to give way to another commuter at a train station, I slipped and  slid  down on several stairs on my butt. Ouch! Double ouch was that Zaini and Raimie didn't even realize I fell. Zaini actually gave me an annoyed look when he noticed that I kept massaging my butt. Huhuhu...

I was nursing a very sore butt all the way from Narita to KLIA and by the time we reached KLIA,  it was hard for me to sit down without feeling any pain. Almost two months had gone by, there is still a bit of pain but my GP said if I can tolerate the pain, he won't give me anything to make it better. It might  be a hairline fracture  on my tailbone and as long as the pain lessens, albeit slowly I was advised it is best to let it heal  naturally. Well, I'm quite good at handling pain so no painkillers for me. I just need to adjust how I sit a bit and not sit on the floor for too long... I always prefer sitting upright on the floor rather than on our squashy sofa.

Lesson for our next travel - don't be too klutzy and forget about being considerate of others when you have way too much to handle yourself.

One thing I realized, and was mentioned to me by others too; Japanese wouldn't bat an eyelid at you even if you fall flat in front of them. One thing good about this of course is that you can dust yourself up and others will just "pretend" nothing happened.

Zaini and I talked about 2010's trip being the last while we were making plans earlier, but now we talking about how nice it would be to visit Japan in autumn. Autumn next year? Or winter be better? Decisions, decisions... XD

No comments:

Post a Comment