Friday, December 2, 2011

And The Second Part Is...

Day 3 in Japan. Lots of time in trains and it was great! Get ready for photo laden post (again!)

We started the day by waking up at 5.00am because I had this crazy idea of wanting to go out for a run and Zaini knows better than to thwart me. 
It was raining and freezing cold Thursday morning, but my lovely hubby accompanied me and walked with me to a nearby park. He went back to the comfort of our hotel room as I started doing a few loops by the river (or big drain?) near Nissan Stadium.
Had breakfast and yes, I like to combine eating rice and Japanese side dishes along with bread. There is such a thing as too much rice for me! ;)
Took the shinkansen Hikari to Shin-Osaka station from Shin-Yokohama. Then, got on the shinkansen Sakura to Hakata before making our final ride on Yufuin No Mori express train to Yufuin.
And when we are onboard a shinkansen, there is one thing we must do especially on long journeys. We indulge with enjoying ekiben! Yummy.
Last time we were at Hakata Station was in 2008 and the station was still undergoing some massive renovation. It is totally a swanky station now. Foreign tourists friendly too. The JR ticket offices here are much tourist friendly than the one at Shin-Yokohama.
On board the Yufuin No Mori express sightseeing train. Friendly crew. Raimie even got a sticker from that nice conductor.
 Some lovely sights to see enroute to Yufuin.
 Arrived our cottage that we booked through a friend around 5.30pm and here we are by the cool fireplace waiting to check-in.
There are two hot spring baths to enjoy all to ourselves at our very own cottage and dip in we sure did. Plenty of time too. The place has an indoor bath and an outdoor one too. Guess which one is our favourite?
By 7.00pm the town of Yufuin is pretty quiet. We found a store/mart called On 365 or something that sells a lot of thing at bargain price. 

Then, it's back to our warm state-of-the art cottage and dip-in the baths some more. I wanted to wake up at 5.00am the next day but I guess I slept so comfortably that I only woke up at 7.00am this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment