Sunday, December 18, 2011

Asakusa To Kinshicho On Foot

The second day we were in Tokyo, we woke up to a bright, sunny day which was a relief for us. I don't know whether I can stand any more rainy, gloomy days for the rest of our vacation.
Walked along the Sumida River to recce the route for my run. Unfortunately, up to Day 3 in Tokyo; I haven't done any running yet.
Saw some people dressed as some kind of heroes (power rangers wannabe or something), with a guy with a bazooka of a lens photographing them. The best part was, nobody else there even batted an eyelid at them.
Saw hordes of tourists and plenty of them are part of tour groups. All trying to capture a good photo of the Asahi Beer Tower and the golden poop; errr.... flame on top of it and also the Tokyo Sky Tree.
We have to make a confession. We too can't resist taking obscene amount of photos of the Sky Tree from different angles. (Note: photos taken by Zaini. I do not have the patience to take "artsy" photos like this)
Walked some more and saw this humongous doggies on the first floor of an apartment a building, which I'm told is a doggie school or something. Good thing they aren't alive. xD

Saw baseball team(s) having a practice session at a field somewhere. Passed by and entered a warehouse sale going on. (Note: random photos like this are of course mine!)
Stumbled upon and stopped by a few shrines and suddenly we found ourselves in Kinshicho.
Had an early lunch at Yayoi-ken in Kinshicho, located opposite Tobu Levant Hotel. There used to be a Yoshinoya outlet there but now found a Burger King place instead.

Spent a bit of time at the nearby Arca Kit before deciding to head over to Akihabara. Raimie had been badgering us over a Nintendo 3DS game that was released that day, Monster Hunter 3G. Saw them at a M-Land but decided to check out the game over at Yodobashi-Akiba. Bad idea. The place was choked with shoppers and the game was sold out there.

Walked back to M-Land after checking out a few other stores and by now the price of the game there had gone up 300yen! At least, it wasn't above the recommended retail price.
Son was pretty stoked getting the game albeit at a higher price. You know, he is sure showing sign of growing up. He didn't buy any of the Kamen Rider/Rangers/Ultraman figures and toys; spending the bulk of his allocated cash on games instead.

Arrived back to our hotel and I immediately crashed. While I felt just fine in the morning, I wasn't feeling too good later in the day and refused to go out again afterwards. Zaini went out alone and came back with dinner packed for Raimie and I. Just bread for me, fast food for Raimie and a bagel for poor Zaini who wasn't keen on eating out alone.

Anyway, why did we walk from Asakusa to Kinshicho in the first place? Because we can! ^^

Oh, by the way. Can I gloat a little?
I am so proud of my Son! Raimie ran a 3K race on Sunday with Zaini accompanying him doing the run in Putrajaya, the Larian Jom! Kitar Semula 2011.

I went solo and did my 7K run and proud to say managed to bag one of the few, limited medals given out.

Job well done Son! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment