Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fukuurajima Shrine

First - a shout-out to Todd Wassel's site - Todd's Wanderings; which I stumbled upon reading David of Ogijima's post earlier. Click on Todd's link above if you are interested in participating, donating or helping to pass the message along for raising much needed funds for the recovery of Northern Japan.

Second -Tazawako Tourism Association puts up a post of Akita Prefecture accepting donations to the disaster-affected areas in Iwate Prefecture. Click the link to get more info on how to donate.

Before my post on Monday, I had mulled over whether I should continue my posts on Japan. I didn't want to put any disaster photos up here because, well... I wasn't even near the affected area and there are plenty of first-hand accounts you can read elsewhere. Maybe it's rather callous of me, but swamping myself and others with bad news continuously isn't going to help much. I just felt there are other ways to show our concern and sympathy for the good people of Northern Japan.

So, anyway - my view is; life needs to go on and this is my second post about a place that was affected by the earthquake last Friday which we visited last year. Another shrine after my post on Godaido Island Temple. Sometimes, we need spiritual strength  and guidance to  go through adversities like this.
A shrine on Fukuurajima Island.

I tried finding more information about this little shrine but came up with nothing. So, if anyone has any info, I'd be so glad if you can share with us. ^^
The Island can be accessed by a vermilion-lacquered bridge extending 256 meters. Fukuurajima, one of the many islands of Matsushima is an island of a natural botanical garden with many wild plants that growing there. There is a superstition that if you cross the vermilion bridge with your lover, you will soon break up.

No comments:

Post a Comment