Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Scenic Ride On The Gono Line Part II

Plenty of people start their small talk with me with "So, you can't go to Japan this year?" lately. My answer has always been - "Why not? It's not as if the whole of Japan were affected. Things look pretty normal elsewhere, other than the North East of Japan." Call me reckless. Whatever. I live dangerously, me. XD

Check out daily Tokyo radiation level over at Metropolis.

I would head to Japan now just to show them, if I can. Unfortunately, the trip this year isn't a sure thing yet. No mention of an acceptable (read:cheap) airfare from any airlines yet. As a matter of fact, JAL had kind of retracted its promo fare that is supposed to come out today. Boo! And with some legal fees that Zaini and I need to settle some time soon, the cashflow is a bit tight for us at the moment. Well, there's always next year, I say. Though if we opted to not go this year, it'll be the first time since 2006 that we missed out on our yearly vacation to Japan.

Anyway, a continuation of previous post. On the previous post, I posted up photos of the coastline view on the Gono Line, taking the Resort Shirakami train - Buna. The train also travels through the countryside not only showcasing the beautiful vistas of the Japan Sea; the trip also highlights the Shirakami Sanchi highlands, as well as expansive panoramas of the Tsugaru Plain.
If you ever come to this part of Japan, why not get on-board one the Resort Shirakami trains and enjoy the view. The train trip is covered by both JR Pass and JR East Pass, for us visitors. :)

One can also get a glimpse of culture  as on certain trips as there will be live shamisen performance on-board selected trains.

More reason to get on them and experience it yourself. :-)

If you want to see their performance, make sure you board the earlier trains and not the last ones of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment