Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Scenic Ride On The Gono Line Part I

and taking the Resort Shirakami train - Buna. I posted about the trip earlier in the post : Day 4 In Japan - A 5 Hour Trip To Nowhere. Why did I call it a trip to nowhere? Not because there wasn't any interesting place to sightsee but because we took the train for the sole purpose of taking the train. We got on it at Akita Station up to Hirosaki and went back taking the Akebono train immediately after. Nuts? Yes, we are.
The day was a bit overcast so the photos kinda look gloomy. I used the "sports function" of my camera to take these photos, but as the function is best suited for the bright outdoors, it didn't turn out that great. Oh well...You live and learn.

I love traveling on this Gono Line because of the view. It was so lovely to see rolling rice fields with the seaview in the background. It might not be as fun-filled ride as the one on the steam locomotive "Ban Etsu Monogatari-Go" which we took in 2009, but the view one can see outside will not bore you at all. A highly recommended train trip.

Another set of photos taken from the train in a couple days' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment