Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mommy, I Need A Lift!

Carrying a tired/sleepy/sleeping boy while out sightseeing may not be so easy, especially when the boy flops around a lot while being carried. Even when Raimie was a baby, we didn't use the stroller much. He just can't sit still in it, like ever. So, we always ended up carrying him; that is until he learn to walk and run. Even so, the boy would need us when he started to get tired.

I carried him for a bit while hiking up Mount Mitake. Not to mention when climbing up all those pesky stairs at train stations while on our vacation in Japan. Had to do it because we usually are out sightseeing for the whole day and only return to our hotel room at night so it was inevitable Raimie would get really tired.

Zaini on the other hand, won't do it unless it's absolutely necessary because he wants Raimie to toughen up!And he usually had a whole load of stuff to carry anyway. Well, Zaini is also the one with the map. He can't read a map when both his hands were holding our son, can he? Give me a map to read, I'll probably get us lost despite having it. I wouldn't notice I'm reading a map upside down, even! I still get lost walking around Sg Wang Plaza! Hahaha
Me, how can I refuse when my Son is making puppy eyes at me, asking me to take pity on him? No wonder I kept losing weight when I'm in Japan! Anyway, it's not as if I want to raise a ''sissy'' boy or anything but I am just too impatient to deal with tantrums and whining. So rather than make everyone's life miserable, I'll just give in and gave him a piggyback for a few minutes or maybe when we need to walk up a flight of stairs. What? You don't think I'd let him be carried around the whole time, do you?

Funny though, Raimie wouldn't dream of asking me to give him piggyback rides here, just in case his school friends see him. He has his ego too! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment