Friday, July 15, 2011

My 7 Links Of Nonsense

Here I was reading the blogs of people I have links on my sidebar, and noticing the 7 links thingy that's been cropping up recently and happily noting that nobody mentioned me. Just when I thought I was safe, I head over to David's Ogijima and what did I see there? I was nominated to join this 7 links  meme/initiative. Argh! Argh! But I am touched that he nominated me. ^^ Thanks for the thoughts.

It took me 6 days to come up with this post because, I may have hundreds of posts but they are mostly my own ramblings of my family's trip to Japan. If you ever came across the others doing it, you might have noticed the quality of the others' 7 links are so way above mine.

Still, I present you my 7 links. W00T W00T

My most beautiful post - Mojiko Station
This post is about a train station that I had always wanted to visit and we made it there in 2008. Not only did I get to see a beautiful train station, I met up with a beautiful person too. A lady whom I've never met generously took us around Mojiko Retro and spent her precious time with us. To me, that is beautiful.

My most popular post - Toilets, In Trains
I ranked my most popular post by the amount it generated comments and the most with comments is about a toilet. In trains. In Japan. Shows how important answering nature's call in a nice and clean environment is to everyone.

My most controversial post - Still eating sushi
This post was written about a month after the March 11 earthquake in Tohoku. I wrote that post to state my view on those who are panicky about the radiation and contamination in Japan. I should be scared about the radiation in Japan while living in Malaysia and all that nonsense I suppose, but will that really help any of the people who suffered from the earthquake and the tsunami? Not really. By the way, the whole of Japan did not turn into a radioactive wasteland after March 11. And I'm still going to Japan.

My most helpful post - Applying A Visa To Japan
a helpful post to Malaysian readers was I think about the visa requirement to Japan. It got a lot of hits everytime AirAsia (a budget carrier) offered super low airfares to Haneda Airport.

Receiving a lot of comments from people wanting to know about the visa requirements, I was surprised (I shouldn't be, but still...) by the lack of courtesy these people have when asking for information. No hi, no please and no thank yous. Just direct questions and I was expected to answer. I don't work at the Embassy. I am also not a travel agent. Get that?   

My post whose success surprised me - I need my meals on time
is about me being hungry and needing to be fed! I should be silly on my blogs more often!

My post that I don't think got the attention it deserved - Nighttime in Asakusa
I posted up a photo of a homeless guy sleeping in front of a shop in Asakusa, my  "subtle" way of showing Japan is just like any other countries with their fair share of problems. I love Japan and all things Japanese, but I am well aware of them not being the perfect society some people always talk about. We are all human. Malaysia has homeless people, Japan has them too.

My post I'm most proud of - An onsen & ryokan experience at Taenoyu Onsen
no particular reason for being proud of it. But that this was our first ever stay at a ryokan that has a mixed bath section and my first ever experience of cavorting naked all around the bath area. I was proud of that. ^^!

And the hard part of this...passing the baton to these lovely people:

No comments:

Post a Comment