Tuesday, February 21, 2012

On The Run - Asakusa

Do read my previous "On The Run" post too after finishing this. I had Yokohama, Yufuin and Takamatsu (Day I & II) posted up earlier.

In Asakusa, I had the luxury of starting my later in the morning as we would be out for sightseeing at 10.00am so I decided to only go out at 7.00am, after the sun was already shining and the day was bright and clear.
 
Kaminarimon in the early morning, sans hordes of tourists. One of my favourite time to hang out there, other than in the evening while viewing the illuminated temple.
At Azumabashi, a bit early for tourists to be up and about so bridge was devoid of pedestrians.
 Ran upriver and I took a look back and this is what I saw. The lovely Tokyo Sky Tree.

I wasn't sure how far I would go or where I'd end up to but I stayed by the river, making a straight run with no diversion anywhere. No left or right turn this time. In this back alley, there is actually distance marker so it is really helpful to gauge the distance for those without a running watch. I wasn't sure where I would head to, but I saw a few runners passing by so I decided to follow them (and get totally left in the dust by them soon after) *pant pant*
I ran up to this bridge and decided to run cross it rather than keeping on straight ahead. I told Rurousha that the bridge I saw was bluish. Dunno how I got that. This bridge is definitely not bluish, as you can see. ^^!
The view while running downriver.
In case you didn't know what river I was running beside.
Ran past a tent village(?) With allocated slots and what looks like permanent wooden structure there too.
Saw boats chugging by
Crossed Azumabashi and decided that I needed to run some more, so continued my run toward Kaminarimon and back to the hotel. Still feeling it wasn't enough as I took running breaks for a few days, I ran past our hotel and continued until I made a one hour run. Good thing I didn't get lost that day! ;p
People bustling - rushing to work and kids to school. Such a lovely, normal everyday sight. ^^

Running by the Sumida river was completely an enjoyable experience for me. I ran my fastest pace there and felt like I can go on and on, if not for the time constraints. I wanted to do another run the next day before taking our flight back home but finally decided against it because I didn't want to aggravate that cute blister of mine. I'm kicking myself now for being lazy! I should've done another run there!

No comments:

Post a Comment