Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Autumn Reminiscence - A Place That Feels Like Home

OK, so I lied. Again. This "Autumn Reminiscence" series was supposed to be a 7-part posts, and I  got 8 posts up already. I told you in the previous post that's the last post on autumn. Yeah yeah... I have no  integrity. heh

I just think that it would remiss of me to not post about a place that we keep returning to. It's a place that I wouldn't mind living if or when I get the chance to one day, make Japan my home. 

The street of Asakusa, on one fine Autum day...  I do miss "my" Asakusa. ^^
psstt... there'll be a Sky Tree special one of these days. Wait for it.

As firmly cemented clam-shells
Fall apart in Autumn
So, I must take to the road again
Farewell, my friends
                                Matsuo Basho 

Kiri jalan, kanan pun jalan
Sama tengah pokok mengkudu
Kirim jangan, pesan pun jangan
Sama-sama menahan rindu

translation:
Right and left, a path is broken
Round a small morinda tree
Give no message, send no token
Let our longing, dormant be!
and I guess that pretty much sum up my feelings for Japan.

While you are visiting, do read the previous Autumn Reminiscence posts that was put up earlier.
Autumn Reminiscence - Lake Kinrinko
Autumn Reminiscence - Shikoku Mura
Autumn Reminiscence - Nara
Autumn Reminiscence - Ritsurin Koen
Autumn Reminiscence - Ueno Park
Autumn Reminiscence - Yanaka Cemetery
Autumn Reminiscence - Yokohama
Autumn Reminiscence - In A Foreign Country

No comments:

Post a Comment