Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On The Run - Yokohama

After my Autumn Reminiscence series, I thought I'd start on another. And it's something that I love doing and that's running, folks. Combine running and venturing out in a strange city = seeing things I probably won't be seeing otherwise.

On this "On The Run" Series, I'm just sharing photos I took while out running in a few places in Japan. ^^

My first running experience  in Japan was in Yokohama. We stayed in a hotel just a few steps away from Shin-Yokohama Station and also quite near to Nissan Stadium.

We were going to take a train at 9.00am to Yufuin that morning so I needed to do my run early, to make time for rest, shower and breakfast. I woke up at 5.30am and got ready by 6.00am. Hubby had kindly accompanied me walking to the nearby park located in front of Nissan Stadium but he didn't linger for long. For good reason because it was drizzling when we made our way there. Since I am already up and alert, I decided to do a short run rather than going back to our hotel. Zaini on the other hand, after deciding that it was probably safe to leave me there alone, went back to the warmth of our hotel room.
If I'm not mistaken,  I was running alongside the riverbank park of the Toriyama River. I wish the sun had risen much earlier but it was still dark after I finished my run at 7.00am.
Nissan Stadium in an almost darkness state. While doing my run there, saw a few runners doing their morning run too. See, I wasn't the only one who would do this on a cold, rainy morning. ^^
And this, the West Gate Bridge from Nissan Stadium for those heading to Shin-Yokohama Station. I made a few stop while doing a couple of laps there, to try take a good photo of the area with my compact camera. As you can see, didn't do much of a job at it. Ah well. C'est la vie.
and the last lap, on the gravelly path by the river back to our hotel. Next time, if we come back to this part of the world, I am going to take day photos of the area (and of course, do a bit of running again).

Still, if not for my running shoes, I would not have seen and experience this view of Japan during my trip. And I'm so happy I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment